Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Base3 Body

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

How do I get grid positions grid 5 and 8, grid 9 and 12 to show. The logic on how the slideshow works helped me tremendously on figuring out what to do. What's the logic with these positions and getting them to show. I love this feature. I've noticed that grid 5 and 8 have a nice navigation within that div that animates the intro pics into place. What's the logic with this setup and what do I go?
Attachments:
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I think you need to explore the layout tab in the template settings

You can turn and off the module positions here

This covers it a litte

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Pleased to announce that this problem is solved. I duplicated the Zen Tools module, renamed it to Zentools Filter and the position on the base3 template is grid8. What took me so long was finding out the name of the module in the desired position.

I took note of the article categories and then went searching through various modules in the module manager and looked at the 'Content Type Settings' tab and under 'Categories' once there was a match with what was on the front end I dug into that.

That's a pretty long process. Will try to use the Chrome developer process moving forward. I am not done yet, I still have to put some text to the left. Will figure it out.
Attachments:
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
nice one

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Okay I am a little confused with the grid8 Image and Title that shows on the front page. I have noticed that there are no Menus for the article content so how is the link on the front end setup to take you to the full article? So for instance the "Aenean pulvinar, nisi vitae" for the quick start, I don't think it has a menu item so how does link to the full article from the front end?
Attachments:
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Hi

It probably has a link to its category somewhere on the site

You can tell if a page isn't linked correctly as it reloads the home page or generally loads wrongly

This is one of the most common issues - its explained here

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue

Basically if you want content to display correctly but not add a main menu link use a hidden menu

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers