Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Banner display

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello JB Team!
I am struggling to properly display my banner on the home page.
The NL template I am using is a version from early last year. I have made no substantive changes to the layout from the Demo version displayed on your site. When I publish a banner to the default banner location - below slideshow and above tabs - the banner actually disappears when I re-size to full screen on a laptop/desktop. It looks like the tabs container slowly squeezes it out of view. When I re-size to iPad size I can see the banner.

I downloaded the quickstart package for New Lifestyle in early January for testing stuff like this. When I publish the same banner to the banner location - without any other changes - the banner shows up below the Main Menu and above the SlideShow (panel 1) even though that is not quite what the templates indicates should happen in the Template Manager. ?

My site is live so I can't really mess around with the banner to show you what I mean. I have discovered this on my dev machine...

Any insights?
Thanks in advance.
Pat
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Pat,

I'd suggest installing the latest template version on the dev machine
and see how that looking

I'd also check the responsive settings tab in the template admin to see if anything is awry there for the position

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates

For the responsive tab check the options for the different breakpoints
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ah ha, now I see: the NL template does not provide a position for the slideshow - it is using the banner position. Bit of a conflict there. How can I create a position for the slideshow which is independent of the banner position? I want to use the banner position separately for banner ads....

I still do not understand why my banner does not display in full screen mode....the slideshow displays correctly, which is in banner position, why would the second banner, directly below it, get obscured by the tabs position?

Hmm??
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Maybe you guys could try adding another banner position on a test machine? I have no extra styling and have not altered the template. The tabs position encroaches on the 2nd banner position when the screen is re-sized.
I'm attaching 2 images.
First shows banner displaying. Second shows what happens when the screen is resized.

banner2.jpg
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
In the layout > responsive tab what is the width for the position? are they all set to 12 on the different widths?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
All responsive banner settings are set to 12 except mobile where it is not set to display at all.
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Not quite sure what to suggest at this stage without a link for the site
Is that possible?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm not going to use this technique, but I suggest you look at your New Lifestyle demo: if you simply add a second banner with ads or whatever, you will see this problem.
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hmm yeah I'd tried it with a custom html module with filler text - it doesn't display like that - its ok above the slideshow but not below it

Below it and not displaying at all :)

I was wondering if you did want to use this posting the dev site link
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers