Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Blanko

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul,

I have a 3 or 4-year old site here: www.gravestonestudies.org/

It has Blanko 1.2.4 installed and the home page is set to display 2 rows of 3 modules but the site owners don't always have the content for this and the result is a blank space where the module should be. In the Template Manager, there is no option to force even widths -- or at least I couldn't find it. And the template doesn't have the features the newer templates have of sizing the modules by dragging them.

Is there a way to make the modules stretch with css? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Never mind my last question. It wouldn't look good to have the content stretch anyway.
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
Hi Joanne,

I can see a space in the grid4 module - if the module was equal width and there was an additional item in the zentools content that would drop below the first

So a template equal width setting wouldn't work unless you added additional php to include if statements to factor in if the module only displayed 1 article
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With T3 you can resize the positions but if the user added content you would need to change them back to current layout

In the layout tab there is a responsive section you can use to drag widths around

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I wrote an article about the responsive width a while back

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul.

Your article was great. But in the end, I just changed the zentools layouts from masonry to list in grid 4 so it looks fine if they only have one article and to grid in grid6 so the articles space themselves nicely and it works much better. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Sometimes I'm a bit slow.

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
ahhhh good idea :)

Thanks for posting back

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by manh.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers