Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

ecommerce

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

On your site, you have 2 or 3 ecommerce options for templates. Is it easy to use other templates for ecommerce for the redshop or the 2 others vurtuemart. Or do you have to use the 3 you specify in the ecommerce section templates?

Are those the 3 companies you suggest for using your templates for ecommerce?

Rachel
  • rkimmel
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 93 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'd suggest using the ignite template and trying www.hikashop.com

they have a free version you can try and see how it goes

www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikashop-starter.html

The template is newer and both the template and ecommerce system support Joomla 3+

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you for the info. I am curious - because of the nature of the site, there is a lot of writing involved and things are downloadable that she is selling. Is it possible to use the Color Shift template in conjuction with the ecommerce that you mentioned? or another responsive template...or do I need to use the ignite ?

Thanks,
Rachel
  • rkimmel
  • 93 posts
You don't have to use the ignite template but it would involve more work using a different template as it would require you add styling for the ecommerce component

It may require also styling to overide some of the template styling depending on the template you chose

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi - Thanks for all your answers concerning this. I am looking more deeply into the ignite template as you suggested Hika shop with Ignite for my project (Below) I just want to verify that Ignite will have or can support all the same features as other templates including

1) blog features
2) filterable zen grids and lists, and slideshows with all zentools features.
3) also, downloadable printable things for sale.

I see its built on a bootstrap. Is this different and harder to learn than the other frameworks I have used with corporate and lifestyle and others?

Thanks,
Rachel
  • rkimmel
  • 93 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by manh.
Hi Rachel,

Few things to cover here :)
So I'll split them up

1) the template will support the standard Joomla Blog features and k2 although you would probably want to use zenkit to add more k2 templates

zenkit.joomlabamboo.com/
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
2) - it would depend on where the content is coming from.

With standard Joomla and k2 content then all options are available - if you were using an ecommerce platform then some options are restricted e.g. you would use a directory option to point to content

A list would be tricky but not impossible - would pull content from an existing joomla article and used the link a option to redirect

It really depends on the content with text being the most important issue
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
3) That would depend on the ecommerce system functionality but I'd expect any system to offer the ability to purchase digital downloads

Whether its a added extra would depend on the system

Bootstrap is different but it shouldn't really affect you that much - it will be a case of adapting to the different interface found in T3.

We do have plenty of docs and if you have trouble please ask us :)

This is the area that confused me the most - hence the article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers