Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Demo Site - Buildr Revision - Search Module Looks Off at Certain Smaller Browser Widths

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I know I've shrunk the browser to a non-standard width (around 820px) but it's to test the way the elements behave. Windows 10, latest firefox.

In this situation, the search module's button drops down and makes the search line took like a box - which I don't think should happen. Maybe you guys could style it to display fine at all widths?

z-jb-revision.png

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Aadil,

#search input {width:70%;} would work with this or changing the widths between the logo and the search

It is something I can't easily change I'm afraid

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Is this not a change that should be added to the core because I'm sure this would affect every seach module, in every child template, at this width?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Not really worth adding to the core as it would depend on the position width selected - a different position width would affect this

Also padding or margin added to the row would be a factor

Also the search options selected would be a factor in the width e.g. with button or not
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I did stop it dropping but changing the position width effected the design so I went back to the original settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers