Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr 'Copy Template'

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I wanted to know about the 'copy template' feature that Joomla has, allowing you to create a copy of a template and name it what you want. It's the one where you go into Extensions > Templates and then click 'Templates' option on the left menu. IT shows a list of templates with pictures and details, then click on a template and there is a button on the top left that says 'Copy Template' (not the 'save as copy' option - not sure if that's the same thing but just wanted to make this bit clear). Clicking it asks you to name it and then saves it.

If I do this with the Buildr template and create a copy - would it in any way effect the functionality of the template? Are all the URLs pointing to the template's core files all going to be still pointing right etc? Anything I should be aware of? Just double checking really.

Could you let me know please. Thanks
  • mobuk
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 35 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by mobuk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Interesting - I've never actually done this myself

I've always duplicated the template style via the templates page

I just tried this locally but didn't work but quite possibly is due to my localhost temporary folder not being set up correctly

For me I would go down duplicating the template style route :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
duplicate_2016-11-28.jpg
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers