Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr module position left isn't in the drop down for positions when making a custom module

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

As I attempt to recreate the custom HTML modules in the old website, I'm given a puzzle of sorts when setting the position. Under the dropdown on the right, in Buildr there isn't a position "LEFT" available, how is that fixed? I have lots of custom HTML modules in the old website that need to be recreated, and position of course is a part of that working.
  • Christine Stansbery
  • 12 Month basic
  • 22 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

JB templates do not have a left position for a module, you would need to use another position, most likely sidebar-1 as this would be the closest in terms of position to the template shipped with Joomla.

Changing the position is relatively easy in Joomla, via the batch function. In the module manager, check the modules you need to change, then click batch on the menu above and change the position for all checked items via the modal box that pops up.

Alternatively you would need to customise the template code to add a module position but the above method is much simpler.

regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Ian

As Ian said in the two threads Sidebar 1 should be fine

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christine Stansbery

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers