Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Mixing Buildr styles

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

So many options!
It gets a bit confusing and frustrating when you try to negotiate the: saved settings, styles, themes, child themes etc. ... in Buildr.

You make a change in one of these settings thinking it applies only to a selected menu item, only to find that it has affected all others. GRRR.

And then, when you discover your error, you can't get back to the original style because you saved it with the same name (no prompt to save-as something different).

Anyway...
I'd like to mix a couple of styles on my site, or at least make one look like the other.
I like the look of Backround for my home page, and I have managed to achieve what I want there - except for the menu.
I'd like the menu to appear the same as Backgrounder (note the er at the end of the style name). I can't for the life of me get a menu to appear at the top of the page next to the logo on my home page (Background style seems to have it in the footer - not where I want it).
And I also want that menu to have the same typeface etc as in Backgrounder because that is my default template style.

Other OPTION: I could use Backgrounder as the default for all pages, and create a style for the Home page that does not have the white background (see-through, like Background).
But how do I do that given that as soon as I make a change to Backgrounder, it applies those changes to all pages.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Oh, is it possible to reinstate the defaults? I've made significant changes and it would be nice to start afresh - especially if opting for Option 2.

Thanks, Nick
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nick

You can re-instate the preset from the presets drop down using the [example]-xxx version. For example if you had updated xero and over written some of the style then you could start from the original xero by selecting [example]-xero.

Here are some doc links to explain:

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/overview/customisation

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/buildr-documentation/style/loading-presets

I hope that helps with at least part of your question, and the rest for the JB team when they are online.

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Nick,

If you still need help with any of above I'd be happy to advise

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers