Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Tags as selectors for Zentools2 a bit wonky

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,
I have built a number of zentools2 modules, using the grid format and set to grab Joomla Tag Content. I have been very careful with my article tags, and keeping different categories clear of each other, not so tangled with parent/child relationships.

However, in a number of my modules, content is showing up on the front end that is definitely NOT tagged for those modules. They have other tags and appear in other modules elsewhere.

Is there a way to clear this up? I've checked and double checked all the articles with tags and the tags themselves, to no avail.

Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you provide a link for an example page and a screenshot of the tags selected

Did I ask in the other thread if you are using the latest module version?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, I have been running tests and double checking things. Here is what I found:

All tags were set properly on all items in both camps, those that I wanted to be in the module, and those interlopers that didn't belong. Even removing all category and tag settings in the interlopers did not take them out of the problem module, but did remove them from the modules where I did want them.

Double checked the problem module settings, all looked good, except I had set the number of items for more that what I actually have right now, thinking that my client would be able to add content easier without having to dig in to this module settings. Hopefully all he would have to do is create the article and give it the right category and tag to then render properly on the front end. I set the numbers to reflect the current number of articles with the right tag, and voila, fixed.

Why do I not have this problem with some of my other modules where I have set the numbers in a way that allows expansion without having to mess with the module settings?

All is well with this issue for now, but would like to know if there is a way I can easily allow my client to add content in those modules without having to mess in the hard stuff.
Attachments:
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Sorry this got missed - are you ok?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers