Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How necessary is fresh install of Joomla?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I suppose I could test this myself, but I thought I'd ask why all the documentation I have read says to install Build.r using a "fresh" install. The site I want to use it on already has tons of stuff. I don't want to start over with nothing. I have created a development site (copy of the live site) which won't affect the live site, and have downloaded Build.r and all the parts, and want to customize it similar to the demo site. Can I just go for it and delete and uninstall all the old stuff that might be in conflict as I go along? I'm brave but hesitant.

Carol Jones
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Carol,
The starting from scratch guide is designed for people not using the quickstart package. So that's probably a good place to start for your needs.

Also installing the quickstart package can be a way to check the setting that we have used and compare it to your sites.
We always recommend taking a backup of the site before you start work.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: palominojones

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers