Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Unwanted Element Appears on Several Pages

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Again,

I am still fiddling around with the Corporation Template…. your documentation is pretty good. Thank you.
First: I can not seem to find whatever this module is so that I can get rid of it. It appears on several pages.

go to: oasiswebdevelopment.com/Hudson/index.php/meet-the-team

and see the attached image. Happy Holidays.

Elizabeth
getridofthis.jpg
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
That's your main content area, which is looking for a Joomla content item. If you want something showing there, is it published? public?
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by blueshift.
Thank you for getting back to me. If i did not want anything in the Main Content Area, how would I get rid of it. Or alternatively how would I put the module in the Main Content Area as there is not choice for that in the Module position drop down... Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
If you never plan to use the maincontent, then in custom css, you could globally remove it from every page with
#mainWrap {display:none;}

Or to place the module in a content item, first can create a position in the module settings. Where it might say 'Grid1' perhaps, name it *anything you want* (and can remember), for example 'team_members.' (Make sure the Settings tab in ZenTools2 is set to "Load JQuery? Yes." (My assumption is you are creating that Grid with ZenTools2.)

Then in an article assigned to that page, use
{loadposition team_members}
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
One last idea...

on each menu item where you want to remove mainWrap, on the menu parameters create a page class (eg, 'hide-mainWrap'). Use that on every menu item where you are removing the main content area.

Then in custom.css add
.hide-mainWrap #mainWrap {display:none;}

hide-mainWrap.jpg
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thank you ... this second directive sounds a bit less complicated I will try it tomorrow. Thanks so much.
Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
When this affects only the home page, the template manager has an option to 'remove main content from homepage.' I mentioned the page class solution since you noted this happens on several pages, not just the one.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thanks Blueshift :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers