Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Ascent2 - Banner issue

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Have you upgraded to the latest Joomla?

Are you still using the Joomla Global caching on 3.7.0?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
For the moment, we'll keep things like that. Siteground hinted that this was the best thing to do in this particular instnace.. They also made clear that it was inadvisable to use any other caching plugins other than those they suggest themselves for Supercacher.
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Latest Joomla. 3.7.3
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hi Phillip,

You are exceeding my knowledge on this I'm afraid - I've never used the level2 and level3

I've seen many sites both JB and others having problems with the plugin

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This has been crash course on joomla caching!.

The answer was to deactivate the jsgcache plugin (Level 2 Supercacher 'Dynamic Caching') and activate Memecaching (Level 3 Supercacher 'Memecached'). Level 1 Static Cache is also activated.

The Siiteground techs set up Memecaching for me. It means the Joomla Global Caching settings being turned off (ie no conservative cache, no aggressive cache) and the memecaching turned to 'persistant'.

I vaguely understand how all this works but the homepage Ascent2 slideshow is fine.

For anyone who wants to know both CPU and account executions/processing are very low referring to site traffic. But dynamic caching with the jsgcache plugin certainly makes an added difference.
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Philip.
Thanks Phillip

Been really informative

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
One final observation about Siteground caching. Turning off 'Static Cache' and 'Dynamic Cache' allows for possibility of activating 'Google Page Speed'. In theory this should run alongside memecache. Haven't tried it just yet, but these 2 seem a powerful combination.
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this - always good when I learn new stuff and members can read about it as well :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers