Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

URL's and categories and sub-categories

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys

A bit of a weird one, I'm not sure if this is a Joomla issue or template issue, (or user issue) I have set up a site that has multiple subcategories inside a main category, eg: www.sitename/maincat/subcat the link to the subcat is category blog layout, this all works fine, but when you click on the read more on the items in the subcat it removes the maincat/subcat from the url so you just get www.sitename/itemname. It therefore affects the breadcrumbs as well.

Is there a way to keep the site/category structure in the urls and breadcrumbs?

The site is here
  • Chris French
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 68 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

The template won't affect the links - you could confirm this by testing with a default Joomla template

Url wise I will check as I'm not sure myself - I know breadcrumbs can be a problem from previous experience

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

I just did a test and there seems to be a problem some where I think in the database, I just redid the readmore on an article and that one works.

Oh well time to redo 100 readmore's

Cheers

Chris
  • Chris French
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 68 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Chris French.
Sorry to hear that

That sounds painful

Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers