Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Article nav and comments

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I use the Disqus plugin in Gazetta articles. The article navigation (prev/next) is below the comment section. I'd rather have the article nav between the article text and the comments. Because I don't want readers to have to scroll through all comments to get to the next page. Can you tell me how I can change this?
  • Mandy Kaas
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mandy,

The disqus comments plugin by joomlaworks does not use the standard plugin hooks to render it's output into the article view.
It takes the article output from Joomla and replaces it with it's own output that includes the article and the comments.

For this reason, it is not possible to modify where the comments are in relation to the other page elements as they will always be directly after the article text.

If you are using a different plugin please let me know and I will install it and take a look.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks Rob. I've solved it by manually putting next-links within the articles. The number of articles is fixed, so it's just a one time pain in the ass job. ;-)

Can you recommend an alternative to Disqus for forum type commenting?
  • Mandy Kaas
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Mandy,
Adding it manually to the template html/com_content files is probably the best. It takes a little fiddling but gives you more control at least.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers