Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools module not loading properly

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,

I am circling back to one of my original problems of late - my Zentools module is not loading the images. I have updated to the most recent Zentools, and only uploaded Boost a few weeks ago.
www.sarahkingcomm.com/

I have attached a screen shot of what does load, with grid setting. There are 8 photos, I've tried them as a gallery and as a selection of a file in the media. The files are all jpg, there are no spaces in the titles.

I've really tried about all the fixes I can imagine, to no avail. Can't get Zentools to load content.

Suggestions? :)
ScreenShot2015-11-04at2.36.35PM.png
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you confirm the path to the images as all those images are 404

www.sarahkingcomm.com/%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cb%3EWarning%3C/b%3E:%20%20image…m/media/mod_zentools2/cache/images/b3-966fc8498406375bee7a506614a1699f.jpg

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi There,

I just checked with Anthony

Can you check with the host if gdlibrary needs to be updated / upgraded ?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It shouldn't be that! It should be

images/more/b1.jpg
and the other images are b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, b8

How can I fix that path???

Also, where can I check gdlibrary? Is it a Joomla thing or server thing?

Thanks!!! Feel like I'm getting somewhere.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Its a server thing

Check with your host if gdlibrary needs to be updated / upgraded ?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just had a very frustrating interchange with HostGator. They said the path should be images/more/b1, etc. duh. I showed them the crazy path that appears in the inspection of element. I got

"Can you be more specific? If this is a server issue, it could be related to some specific module that we don't support. Keep in mind, you're on a shared server, so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to do much to upgrade anything on your Shared server."

So back to square 1. I don't know why that path is getting screwed up with Zentools modules.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Did they have any comment specifically referring to the GD php library installed on the server?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The path is rendered like that because the image name contains the php error. That error means that the GD lIbrary doesn't exist on the server or a component required to crop the image doesn't exist.

Its a pretty basic part of the PHP image library.

THanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No mention of gd library at all, and I suspect the guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Neither do I, but he is supposed to be the expert! He was used to dealing with people with more mundane problems.

I am going to try loading another template to see if it does the same thing. I'd think that if it was a server issue, all my sites that have Zentools content would be screwed up, and they aren't

The next thing I will try is renaming all the photos, but I don't think that will work, since there is nothing wrong with them currently and the module didn't load any images, not just these.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
With different sites they are likely to be on different servers so it may well affect only this site

The template isn't involved as the library is for dynamic image management e.g. resizing images

I'd keep hammering away asking if the php GD library is installed and what version

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Going back to Hostgator. If I knew where or what it should be, I'd try to find it! One more try here, if only to satisfy my own curiosity! Otherwise, I've dropped the idea of having the module at all.

Going into the belly of the Hostgator beast now.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Extensions like k2 need the library as well so it may crop up again if you use a different extension

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers