Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools2 content not showing up, template Gazetta

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

i am using Gazetta. At the homepage, there are running 3 Zentools2 Modules (i just edited the quickstart package).

Each shows articles of a selected category. The headlines and pictures are linked to the content items.

When i click to any article, instead of showing the content, the home page reloads. An URL is shown like mysite.com/category/item.html but diplayed is the home page. The content is not shown.

Only when i additionally create a "normal" joomla menu link for the same category items (blogview), everything works with zeentools2, the items show up as they should. Means, zenntools2 just works for me when i additionally publish a menu link to a standard joomla blog view.

I like to get zeentools2 working without adressing the content additionally with a joomla menu link. This would be bad for the clarity of the navigation of the website...

What can i do?
  • Chris R
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 16 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Articles and content need to be attached to a menu id in order display with the correct template style and module. This is part of joomla.

If are correct in using a category blog, but in order for this not to display as navigation you can assign to hidden menu.

Here is jb article to explain more and give steer.
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Another gotcha is breadcrumbs, worth removing from the hidden blog menu to avoid the blog being accessed by users.

Hope that helps.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Hi Ian,

fantastic! thanx for your hint and pointing me in the right direction. I knew that there should be solution but i was stuck...

Just a short request:

All i did now, was creating a new menü and moving the menu items with the blog view into it. This menu (and the menu lins of it) is not showing at the homepage, but the item id´s are fixed, so that i can acess the zeentool itenms now without having a visible menu item at the page.

Is it just as easy? :cheer:
  • Chris R
  • 16 posts
Yes pretty much that easy!

You can then assign different modules and template styles to display the content and articles how you wish using zentools to link to them. It is part of the power of Joomla and Zentools.

If I have misunderstood anything let me know and I will try to explain more, or I'm sure the JB team will chip in to help out.

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Hi Ian,

thank you so much for your friendly support!

All good now.

Chris
  • Chris R
  • 16 posts
Thanks again ian :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers