Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Expanding preview image and read more

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am using Expanding View with Image and Title in the hover over. Once clicked, the Expanding Preview comes up fine. So...

Is there a way to control the image size shown in the Expanding Preview within ZT2? Or is it strictly from the article?

And, I am using the Read More link within the Preview. The button is responding to the css for the template (Venture) but the button text is being controlled by the color scheme for the module line. So I am using Grid 17 which is a white row, so the button text is:
<a href="/shrinemont3/about-us/103-cathedral-shrine-of-the-transfiguration" class="readon btn btn-primary">
			<span>Read more: </span>
		</a>

controlled by:
.white-row h1, .white-row h2, .white-row h3, .white-row h4, .white-row h5, .white-row h6, .white-row p, .white-row li, .white-row span {
    color: #333;
}

Would this be a flaw in the code or should I just control using css?

Thanks,
Helen
  • Helen Nunley
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Helen Nunley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
And another question.

When you click the "Read More", the article loads without the Intro text, even though the options for Articles has to show Intro text.

Can I control that somehow?

Maybe I need the "Read More" to link to the Article Menu option and not what it is doing now,. The link includes the article # too, which I don't want either.
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Helen Nunley.
Here's the development link:

prettygoodhost.com/shrinemont/

half way down the page you'll see the ZT2 module.
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Helen,

Sorry I missed this one.

1. The image for the preview is the actual image from the article so you would need to adjust the size of the original image.

2. Yes that looks like the template css is overriding the module. But on your site now it looks like that's fixed.

3. Pretty sure thats a Joomla setting. Either at the item, menu or global level. Ah ok yes that will be the cause I guess. Do you have the correct menu items set up for that category? I thought J sef urls always used the id anyway?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers