Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

does the name spacing in the zen icon codes make independent from future fa changes?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

FA changed quite a lot over time and you had to change your markup in the same sick way as it is necassary for BS. With the name spacing like ...zen-external-link /zen-external-link... is it like an adaption layer that always works regardless of the fa syntax?
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

Yes ... well sort of. Font Awesome provides the ability to provide a name space. So as long as the name space function follows the same guidelines it should be fine.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I should say it's more to avoid clashes with other extensions that use older versions of Fa.

Either way Fa or Zen-icon is included where required.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
So when Fa 5 comes out with lets say fa5 name spaced I would not need to change anything?

Why is the zen-icon used inconsistently? In the articles I see zen-icon but in the menu items I see fa-.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
I've fixed that inconsistency - it was one line int he menu override.

Regarding the name space yes that's correct. Zen-icon will remain and you can choose whether to load the v4 or v5 library. This is what I understand from the way that Fa handle the name space.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers