Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Cannot save template changes J3.5.1

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am working on a new site locally. Used Quickstart and updated to J3.5.1. I cannot make any changes to the templates. When I try to save or save and close, it just takes forever and nothing saves nor does it ever finish, EVER. Never times out either. No errors in Firebug, php console or Joomla.

So I uploaded a clean Responsive template with a custom name. When I try to save, it never saves and never writes the config-x.json file. So I made a copy of a config-x.json file renaming it to the new template ID. When I open the template on the backend, it looks the same. Try to save, same problems.

So I opened the config-x.json file in TextEdit and edited, then reopened in the template. It is not reading the config-x.json file. :blink: It is reading the default .json

I checked this www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=579&id=114065&Itemid=215 but these do not apply as far as I can tell because I can make changes to other sites on my MAMP PRO, but none are J3.5.1.

Nothing is cached and caching is disabled in config. I logged out and back in.

I checked in J backend and I have all templates showing in template manager but I don't have responisve2 showing in template manager. So I checked the database extensions table and it was there but the state was -1. So I edited that to 0 in the database, changed the title of the template in J backend and the custom template would save. But the frontend cannot find the theme because it is looking for the file http://localhost:8888/mysite/templates/mytemplate/css/theme..css. (two dots)

So I closed the template and then tried to open it again and make another change and it wouldn't save but the database is still showing 0.

So I logged out and back in but still cannot get it to work.

Other details that may or may not be related which occurred prior to this: updated my MAMP PRO to 3.5, updated my OS X to 10.11.4 (reset my permissions in Home), PHP 5.6.10, MySQL 5.5.42.

Not sure what else to check.
Helen
  • Helen Nunley
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK, if I edit the .json in TextWrangler, I do not get the frontend error in the theme location.
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Helen,

Is this a standalone template version of responsive2? e.g not part of the buildr template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not part of the buildr template. Is there a responsive2 of the buildr template??
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Oh I see, bambootheme.com/showcase/apr16/home/responsive

Maybe I should switch?
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Helen,

With the new version -

There is flexibility with moving positions around in the admin

More flexibility with styling on a per row basis

And moving forward its what we will be updating

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'll switch and see how things go. I'm early enough in the game to do that! Thanks. :)
  • Helen Nunley
  • 1024 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Cool - good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers