Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Touch Screen dropdown menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Using the repsonsive2 template, I have a client that using IE in Windows 8.1 on a Surface pro. Apparently the dropdowns wont' work, I assume because there is no hover state in touchscreen. It appears the solution is implementing aria-haspopup="true" in the menu where the "parent" class exists. The question is how could this added be the menu?

Reference:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj152141%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Thanks
  • Troy Mumm
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks Troy for the link

I've asked a developer to take a look regarding the link and this issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I figured out how to do this using the NoNumber ReReplacer plugin. We'll see if it works, but might be worth considering how to address this in the ZenGrid framework as touchscreen devices become more prevalent. In T3-Framework there was also the option to use either "hover" or "on-click" for dropdowns.

Thanks!
  • Troy Mumm
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Yes I've flagged this up on our system

I think slightly Surface is different from other touchscreen devices

Regarding the menu link state I don't think at this stage we plan to implement on click I'm afraid

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers