Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Can't scroll to the bottom when page length exactly matches switch to sticky header

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

I've created a site using Responsive 2, which is all fine except that at certain page lengths with certain resolution and screen size it will not scroll to the bottom of the page.

It happens when the page length is only just long enough to engage the sticky header.

When scrolling towards the bottom of the page, the sticky header engages, but this seems to change the page length so that scroll is no longer needed. This switches off the sticky header, which re-engages scrolling.

The result is an unseemly strobing effect between the two options, which prevents the user from reaching the footer.

The effect can be seen on the following page, on a 24in monitor at resolution 1920 X 1080:

With different screen sizes and resolutions, the problem may not be visible.

What suggestions have you got about how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Murray
  • Murray Cowell
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Murray,

I'll need to check with the team - unfortunately as far as I'm aware this is one of the limitations of how a sticky works it needs a trigger point to start

As you say I can't see the problem as my monitor is taller and and at higher resolution

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers