Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Typography isn't rendering.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

For the Responsive 2 template, my typography isn't rendering.

I enabled the JB Type plugin.

I installed the JCE Editor (making it the default) and installed the JB Type plugin for it

Whether I use code in the code editor or the dropdown JB Type menu, it never renders on the front end, but it does render in the editor. On the front end the text shows up without any styling

Additionally sometimes when I refresh my page on the front end all fonts change site-wide to something with a serif. Then I refresh again and it goes back to a non-serif font.
  • Tangier Clarke
  • 12 Month basic
  • 136 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

With the changes in the framework the zgfv4 framework use the shortcode plugin - downloadable from the particular template download page

However - can I check what you adding via the JB type plugin?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the other issue I'm assuming this is a flash of unstyled content

Have you checked out the font loader option in the template settings?

Its listed under fonts > font loader in the template settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You can see what I mean here:

tangierclarke.com/responsive2

then go to the "skills" tab.

In the backend I put a button in my text editor to see if things would work - a button like the one on this page:

demo.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?theme=apr15

on the typography page under the Features menu.

The page doesn't demonstrate instructions on how to create them by the way with the different styles so that's very frustrating. I used (from my Safari inspector):

<button class="btn">I am a button</button>

What you see on my page is that it doesn't render. However it shows up as a blue button in the backend in the editor.
  • Tangier Clarke
  • 12 Month basic
  • 136 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Tangier Clarke. Reason: additional info.
If you were using a plugin in zentools you will need to enable render plugins to yes

That said the btn isn't a plugin so I'm assuming its not in the permitted tags so is being stripped - so I'd try adding the tags to that section of the module settings
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Could you elaborate where to enable the plugin. If you're talking about in JCE, then I already did that.

I know the button isn't a plugin, but the syntax didn't work. What is confusing is that it comes with the template, but it's working using the code from my Safari Inspector.

Perhaps I am missing the instructions on the demo page, but I don't see anywhere how to implement the buttons. Other typography doesn't render either.

I am not sure what yo mean by adding the tag to the module section.
  • Tangier Clarke
  • 12 Month basic
  • 136 posts
Sorry I wasn't clear if you were using any plugin syntax you would need to turn on enable plugins in the zentools module - as you say the button is template related so it nots relevant
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Trying this myself you will need to disable strip tags in the text options tab / section

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers