Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

In-line display of audio player

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

We have a plugin called 1Pixelout (no longer supported by its maker) that lets users play as well as download audio files.

In its native form, the plugin displays the download function underneath the player function.

In Responsive v 2.2.3, we used this custom CSS to cause the download link to appear on same horizontal line as the player:

#mainContent .jbSection form { display:inline; vertical-align:top; }

E.g., see chigov.com/chicago/city-council/589-city-council-rules-pawar-sposato-emanuel.html

for which the first attachment below shows Firebug's display of the underlying HTML.

I've not been able to replicate this in-line display with Responsive2. E.g., see test.chigov.com/chicago/city-council/589-city-council-rules-pawar-sposato-emanuel.html

for which the second attachment below show Firebug's display of the underlying HTML.

I've tried variations on this custom CSS:
.form div[id*=onepixeloutdownloadSong] { display:inline; vertical-align:top; }

But to no avail. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Jim Nanczek

resp-v.2.2.3.jpg

resp2.jpg
  • glow
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 195 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by glow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I just thought I'd add this here regarding the flash player element

www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/14/facebook-end-adobe-flash-firefox-blocks-hacking
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by manh.
If the flash player is the same throughout the whole site you could override the inline styling by using important

e.g.

object {width:120px !important}

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for that insight, Paul.

I've looked around for an MP3 player plugin that we can substitute for 1Pixelout--but I haven't found any with the same functionality (click to play, volume control, download option).

Can you suggest any non-Flash based ones?

Jim
  • glow
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 195 posts
I'm sorry Jim its not something I've really used

I would have thought there would be HTML5 versions somewhere on the Joomla Extensions Directory

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers