Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Is there a way to tell Joomla to use the default template for Component URLs?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have an interesting problem where some urls don't load the template correctly. The urls load behind the megamenu instead of below it. So, the menu ends up covering the content when the URL changes to include the string 'component' in the url. This is happening with Joomla tags being used by the YooRecipe component.

Here is a place you can look at this:

www.starch-smart.com/recipe/recipe/17-black-bean-soy-curl-feijoado

Once you are there click on one of the tags like Black Beans, Instant-Pot or Soy Curls.

You will then be taken to a url that says something like:

www.starch-smart.com/component/tags/tag/30-soy-curls

This is broken for me because the page rolls up under the menu.

If it could somehow be set up in my system so that the component urls would load the default template I would be very grateful. Is there such a trick that you are aware of?

Sean
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean

I had a similar issue a while back with a Hikashop setup that created a lot of head scratching here, your issue may or may not be similar and I have never used yoorecipe component.

Assume the usual fixes of hidden menu and menu id's do not work out for this or are too complicated with the component then here are couple of suggestion to try out.

With the hika issue we installed Module manage from NoNumber, which gave us fine control on what was displayed and how it worked with templates and other modules, it is worth a look, a nice add-on which we use from time to time.
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager

Another useful extension from them is Template manager (it will not work with T3)
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedtemplatemanager

These two may address the issue you have if everything else fails or Paul may come up with something much simpler!!!

I did notice you have code from T3 on the site but posted under Rasa2 a zgf4 template, this may also add to the complications. We have stopped using T3, our simple brains struggle with it, the JB framework works better for us.

Hope that helps, interesting recipes we'll need to check back on.

Regards
Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, scarney
Thanks Ian :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ian,

Once again thank you for your very helpful suggestions. And, also for pointing out that I put this in the wrong forum. I have three sites I have worked on using the Rasa2 template lately and so have had Rasa2 on my mind. The site I am writing about is indeed a T3 site using the Motion template. My mistake.

I will try to figure out how to use the hidden menus and also use Advanced Module Manager to make this all work. That is new to me so it should be fun.

Years ago when I had more money, I purchased a lifetime license to JoomlaBamboo and NoNumber Extensions. Those were my two favorite Joomla vendors!

I will let you know how things turn out. This is another reason for us to move all our sites away from T3. It is my plan. I just need more time to devote to it.

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by scarney.
Thanks Sean :)

Happy Christmas Sean from me, Rob and Anthony

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you! I hope you all have a great holiday season as well!

Can you please read this comment from one of the CloudAccess.net engineers about the motion template?

"Hi Sean,

I do apologize, I missed the styling issue. I am not sure what is causing this, but I do know the fix would be with the CSS associated with the template. You will want to contact your template developer to see if they have a fix for this. It seems they missed the styling for the tag search results - they need to fix it."

Could this be why my tags URLs are not loading with the default template?

Thanks, Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hi Sean,

Have you tried the 'sub-layout' option at the bottom of the layout tab?
Layout for page which is not directly linked to a menu item. -Use Default- value to use the same above layout.

If the main template is set as default then you should be able to use that to select which template version loads on pages not related to menu items.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks Rob,

It took me awhile to understand and figure out what you were meaning but I came to realize that every one of my themes was set to use the default template. And, in fact the default template was being used. The reason things were not lining up properly is because I have modules in the banner position that are loaded and create a uniform spacing and I have not figured out how to load one of those modules on the pages that are using the default layout. I am thinking it might be a task for Advanced Module Manager. I am trying still to figure it out.

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
I am getting very tempted to move this site over to a ZenGrid Framework template as much as I like the look and feel of this template! :-)
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Sounds like a plan Sean :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers