Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

how to control order of stacking in mobile view

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

With my site test.siballet.org/, it has a zentools slideshow on top, the menu published a a category blog with 3 items showing, and a module published in sidebar1. This all looks good, but when I go to mobile view, the category blog stacks ON TOP of the module that is in sidebar1. What controls that? Can I change it so that module appears on top of the category blog? Thanks.
  • waikongchung
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can I just check are we looking at the order of the modules or is it that content is sitting directly on top of the sidebar?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
yes, beneath the slideshow are on the left - a module, and on the right, the content (category blog). When I shrink to browser horizontally to get the mobile view, you can see that the content is stacked on top of the module that was on the left (sidebar1 position)
  • waikongchung
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
when I view the site on mobile I see the sidebar dropping below the content area which is the expected behaviour

Is this what you want to change? you want the sidebar1 above the content area?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick (so to speak) can you attach a screenshot of the issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You got it Paul, that's exactly what I want to change. I've tried via the template to move the module right of the content, but it still drops below when in mobile. I guess the behavior is any module in the same 'row' as the content is set to go below. Is there any easy way to change that behavior?
  • waikongchung
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

You could try taking advantage of the layout classes

visible-tablets
hidden-tablets

visible-phones
hidden-phones

Hiding the sidebar modules and setting an above positioned module to show on phones / tablets

Seems to work ok for me when I try it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Again :)

The syntax should be

visible-tablet
hidden-tablet

visible-phone
hidden-phone

There is a glitch with some quickstart versions - can you make sure you have the latest template version installed and then save/compile the settings in the template admin
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you make sure you have a backup first :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers