Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Menu and layouts a bit buggy?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,
There are a number of things that are not working very well in Rasa2 and I'm wondering whether it's just me or whether I need to cut bait and move on to another template...

1. Menu, main menu, the sub menus do not drop down on hover on the home page, they only do so one level in. I need them to drop on hover on the home page.www.bruce-king.com/ebnetnew/

2. Layout, when I place a photo left of text in the article or module edit box, it only shows above in the front end, what gives here? www.bruce-king.com/ebnetnew/projects/design-of-straw-bale-buildings-book

3. That and the slider modules, which thanks to your help we developed a work around, but I still need to change out the chevron images that go with them.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

1. Do you have show sub menu items enabled in the menu module? I dont see any sub menu items in the source of the code.

2. h3 tags are block level elements and by nature take up the whole row they are added to. So when you add that to an article it will stretch across the width of the page. If you add align left or even just float:left to the item then it should wrap around.

Thats not an issue with the template but the markup.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks! I guess the cheese keeps moving on me, looking for central menu settings in the template section rather than modules, then knowing that the menus themselves have adjustments to be made.

Another question, I've looked and looked in the slidebar module for the css that controls the "close" "x" button. Right now it is set at both text and background as fff, but I'd like the background to be @primary instead. Any thoughts? Attaching screen shot where the button appears blanked out in upper right. And while I'm at it, is there a way to set the background as an image?
Attachments:
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

Button wise you need to alter some css e.g.

.sb-close {color: #000;}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Background image wise you would to assign an image via css - it would depend on the position

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers