Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template changed!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have a site that was put up earlier this year on Rochen hosting in the UK. For various reasons I now have to upgrade my hosting package and so before I actually do it for real I thought a practice run would be good. Glad I did!

My live site can be seen at www.lightline.org.uk and I have used Akeeba to make a backup and used Kickstart to restore it to a different hosting package which can be seen at www.thecatsboots.co.uk

My problem is with the spacing in various parts of the template, above my header and below the menu they have increased and something has happend with the spacings in my sidebars 1 and 2.
Could anybody suggest what might be happening?
Cheers.
  • Michael Fitzpatrick
  • 12 Month basic
  • 226 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you point me to the bits I should be looking at?

At the moment I can't seem to see any difference

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
When I wrote before I was at work using a 23 inch screen but now I am at home on a laptop.

On my laptop I must agree there is no difference, but at work on a desktop screen there appears to be at the top where the blue header is on LP there is less then a quarter inch gap of white at the top but on "catsboots" it is twice as large".

The images in the sidebar are scaled down to 191 x 127 but on the catsboots they scaled to 150 x 99.

Another example is that on the menu under "select a pilgrimage" the first item should be:
Holy Land
But what I have on the desktop at work is:
Holy
land
It appears to have word wrapped, but all appears fine on a laptop. I have just logged into the works machine and yes it still displays differently to my laptop.
Vheers
  • Michael Fitzpatrick
  • 12 Month basic
  • 226 posts
This is what I see on my desktop

home-page_2016-09-22.jpg

Are we looking at this at responsive widths?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, thanks for the help, it appears to be a cockup on my works desktop when using firefox! When opened with Internet Explorer it displays correctly and I have just been around the office and checked it out on both IE and Firefox and all is well so it must be something with Firefox on my PC which I have to sort!
Cheers!
  • Michael Fitzpatrick
  • 12 Month basic
  • 226 posts
no problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
could be a browser cache issue - maybe clear the cache?

Or its an older firefox version?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It only updated this morning (auto-updates) but clearing the cache has sorted it! All is now well.
Cheers Paul.
  • Michael Fitzpatrick
  • 12 Month basic
  • 226 posts
Yeah its odd how that happens sometimes and not others

Had the same problem myself last week

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers