Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Xero Beta - Impressions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Anthony and Paul,

Loaded the Xero standalone template. Started using the ZGF4 admin area and found the following things. Please keep in mind, I've spent some time but need more to thoroughly use it. Keep in mind, I don't know where you are in the development cycle and what issues have been found.

See my site joomla.jlnarducci.com for seeing the observations I am giving you.

Bootstrap is off.

Looks good and I like it!! Easy to use (so far) with the following issues:

I used the menu module and loaded it to the menu module position. Zenmenu is loaded and published. The menu has the "Show sub-menu items" set to NO. Have 5 items with the three middle ones having three sub menu items each. Items 2 and 4 are text separators and item 3 (missing the download caret symbol) is a K2 categories menu type. None of the menu items drop down.

Stickynav doesn't work well or sometimes not at all. See site and scroll.

Search box needs text in the box to indicate that it's a search box.

If I change an option on effects page that needs compiling from less to css I must compile because if I save the page (upper most save button on the page) then the changes I make to the options revert back to the original settings (true for CSS3 and stickynav options). This behavior is also exhibited on the fonts page. If i change the base font size and compile the size stays but doesn't seem to make a difference on the front end. Then if I save the page the size value reverts back to 12px the original setting.

This just mentioned behavior doesn't seem to exhibit itself with the theme page and the width option reset. The page width does change. Go figure. maybe I need to work harder at trying to break it.

I have two modules published to off canvas but I do not see the trigger text anywhere. Same with panel1; I have a module published to that position but no indication that I have.

Haven't played with changing colors yet nor the responsive page.

If you need more info, let me know for my tomorrow (it's 11PM Fri now).

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jonathanne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Jonathon,

Just moved this to a new topic so we can follow your experience.

1. You need to have show sub menu enabled in order to see children menu items in the drop down. The separator carets will show then.

2. Thats a quickstart setting and have added it to my list.

3. Is that in firefox? I upload a new version of the package this morning that doesnt have the alert regarding recompile. That fixes that issue.

4. Trigger text should be in the navbar. Got a link so I can see whats there?

5. Hidden panel. You need to have Font awesome set to at least miniumum and the panel will have a + sign on the side of the page. If not a link will help.
Thanks again!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hey Jonathon,

Just moved this to a new topic so we can follow your experience.

See joomla.jlnarducci.com/ for behaviors cited in my post. Loaded most recent Xero from download area overlaying the old one.

1. You need to have show sub menu enabled in order to see children menu items in the drop down. The separator carets will show then.

Changed menu module "Show sub-menu items" to YES and behavior is worse. Menu items disappear (actually the font color white blends with the background) from navbar and the drop down list for main menu item 3 (a K2 category menu type) is always showing and no caret. The two text separator (located by "feel") menu items do exhibit drop down behavior.

2. Thats a quickstart setting and have added it to my list.

3. Is that in firefox? I upload a new version of the package this morning that doesnt have the alert regarding recompile. That fixes that issue.

I'm using Chrome and haven't tested using any other browser. Will when final release occurs. New version seems to fix the problem described. Sticknav does not work well or at all.

UPDATE 11/23/14 9:47AM EST: I changed the body font size from 12px to 13px and the weight from 300 to 500 and the "Compile Less..." button turned red. The Font size changed as did the weight. The font size was changed on the front end as well but the weight did not probably because the font is a 300 weight font(?). Reset back to original settings and did it again, recompiled the red button (saved the settings) and then saved the whole set of forms using the topmost green "Save" button. Doing so changed the settings back to the initial settings.

4. Trigger text should be in the navbar. Got a link so I can see whats there?

joomla.jlnarducci.com/

5. Hidden panel. You need to have Font awesome set to at least miniumum and the panel will have a + sign on the side of the page. If not a link will help.
Thanks again!

I have font awesome set to install default which is Full Library. Set it to Minimum, which it is currently, and still no + sign (looked for white text on white background). See joomla.jlnarducci.com/

Hope this helps.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jonathanne. Reason: Update Save the whole form set failed to save settings.
Hi Jonathon.

1. You have group sub menu items applied to the top level item I think. When thats enabled then all items will be displayed as it is at the moment. Group items works best on sub level parent items. Check out the quickstart to see how we did that. Ill be adding this documentation in the next day or so.

3. Yes if you just load the 300 version of the font then there will be no other font weights. So you would need to specify 300 and 600 in the case of Open Sans.

3.a. The initial (wrong settings). I think if I can get access I can test that one out too.

4. Yes no markup there either.
Login details will help.

5. I dont see any markup on the page for the panel. Is it published to the "panel" position? ie not panel1.

Might need login details to troubleshoot that one too.

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Added a ticket called Xero Impresssions.

Your observation about menus is correct. Changed setting to NO. Now you can see that the menu items will not drop down. Zen Menu plugin is installed and published.

How do I check out quickstart? I'm using template only.

It's panel1. But cleared all caches - joomla and browser and + sign appeared. Then disappeared. Changed to Panel and it's working.

For off canvas I was using "off-canvas" module position not "offcanvas." Changed it and it works fine.

Under both off canvas and panel there are multiple module position names (under Xero) and I chose the wrong ones

I can't get stickynav to work.

I am working without any documenation. Link to any available?

Thanks for the help and I think this a very good framework. Always did like ZGF but I do like what you added to ZGF3 to make ZGF4. Nice work. I think ZGF4 is easier to work with than T3, taking nothing away from T3.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Thanks Jonathon,

2. The position is panel not panel1 so that will clear that issue up.

Docs are coming :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Just looking at your ticket.

I see you got the offcanvas to display.

Sticky nav is working for me. Its disabled on small screens.

Ive also just fixed the issue that was appearent in your hidden panel with my local copy. The panel is now properly centered regardless of the content in the panel.

Re the menu disabling the group option fixes the display. In the docs I will write something like:

The group sub menu option should only be applied to parent menu items that are in the sub menu.

eg services >
list of services >
service 1
service 2
service 3
service 4

If you apply group item to list of services it will display the sub menu items in a block format and group the items together.

Hope that helps.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathanne
Anthony,

Everything is working - menu drops down and navbar is sticky. Panel shows and off canvas works.

But (sorry) the stickynav and menu dropdown worked when I unpublished the zentools module in banner and grid1. That's when menus and stickynav started working. My zentools module was using stacked as the layout type. So I changed it to grid and published to both grid1 and banner. Stickynav and menus worked. Used slideshow with working results. Went back to stacked and stickynav failed but menus worked. Left the setting to stacked.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Thanks Jonathan.

Yes I fixed the menu but the nav issue is likely because Zentools is either loading or not loading jquery.

Can you try changing that setting to see if works?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Had the zentools jquery setting set to no. Changed it to Yes and stickynav did not work. Set it back to No and Stickynav does not work. Set to slideshow and jquery set to no and it works.

Jonathan

Time for sleep. Thanks for the help.
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Thanks Jonathan - which page is that happening on?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Front page joomla.jlnarducci.com/

Stickynav set to ON and Zentools set to stacked, load jquery set to NO, and published to grid1

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Anthony,

The drop down menus work at the top of the page. But with stickynav if you scroll down and select a menu with a drop down, it appears then almost immediately disappears. All three menu items that have drop downs behave this way.

See joomla.jlnarducci.com/about-jln/aboutjln.html for this behavior.

This is a different style page than that of the front page.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Thanks Jonathon - I see both issues and will get a fix today.
Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Actually can you try the attached?
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Sorry about the late response. Road trip.

Installed the attached template over the existing one. Cleared caches (joomla and browser).

Still doesn't work. See joomla.jlnarducci.com/ for the stickynav problem and joomla.jlnarducci.com/about-jln/aboutjln.html for the drop down problem. Please use the ticket info (Xero Impressions, the one I filed a couple of days ago) if you need access.

Check later in my AM.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hmm yeah thats weird - I think I fixed the dropdown issue today - do you see it on the demo?
bambootheme.com/showcase/oct14/
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I should say that I could replicate it early today but I cant now.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

The demo shows, on my computer, that the drop downs exhibit the same behavior as I reported to you. The further down I scroll, the disappearing behavior becomes different (somewhat disappear with just a little scrolling to completely disappearing scrolling further down.

Stickynav and zentools stacked is still a problem.

You don't see either behavior anymore with the new release (on your end)?

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hmm no but it was a transient issue it seemed yesterday.

Does it happen on a specific page?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers