Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Lifestyle2 Template - Zentools module

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I required detailed instructions on how to reproduce the "Meet the Team" Module on my site.

The explanation given in Lifestyle2 documentation: "Zentools module using grid with filters enabled published to grid 13" is just not clear enough for me.

I am trying to publish several categories of articles, in essence creating a selection of products and services the reader can select from.

Do you have that somewhere?

Thanks!
  • shannsu
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Not a step by step process

It is tagged articles displayed in a zentools filtered grid layout.

It is loading content from one category - the difference from a standard grid layout is the filtered tab

It needs to be enabled with showall set to yes and the filter type as tags

Do you need more depth on above?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: shannsu
Hi Paul!

Actually, it seems I will need more detailed explanations... I tried your suggestions and here is what I get...
Not pretty!
ZenTools1.jpg
  • shannsu
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Are you loading tags or categories as the filter type?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried both actually. No success either way.

Maybe if I got a step by step process on how to set this up, it would be quicker & easier...

I have several groups I want to display: ServiceGroup1, ServiceGroup2, ProductGroup1, ProductGroup2. And of course, the ShowAll. These correspond to actual Joomla categories on my site. I guess I could also tag them, if that is easier/more appropriate for this Zentools module Grid layout.

Maybe just post screenshots of the settings, if that is easier? Sometimes writing everything down can be long & tedious, I understand... ;)
  • shannsu
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by shannsu.
I found this tutorial: zentools.joomlabamboo.com/zentools-and-link-a-in-joomla-3

As I understand it, to reproduce the "Meet The Team" layout on the Lifestyle2 demo site, I would have to create a series of "fake articles", to be displayed as the images & texts of the ZenTools Module (and those would redirect to the actual articles on the site, using "Link A").

Is this correct?

Or is this tutorial more appropriate to the task at hand? zentools.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-as-a-content-source
  • shannsu
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by shannsu.
I found this tutorial: zentools.joomlabamboo.com/zentools-and-link-a-in-joomla-3

As you say - This is about re-directing the page that loads when a zentools image or link is clicked it uses the "Link A" in Joomla to load a different url
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
So yes the second link is correct

Do you have the image selected to show in the layout tab?
Do you have categories selected in the content type settings?

Cheers
paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers