Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

LESS to CSS compilation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
First of all, You do the great job!
I am a half way of customization of Novus template. I've done the custom theme for my project and I would like to have it converted to CSS. Unfortunately, while compilation I am running out of memory:
"Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes)"
Please advise if there is any other way of having it done than migrating to other servers...? What's the approximate size of memory needed?

Cheers, Mike
  • Michal Byrecki
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mike,

Its not really possible to give an estimation of memory usage as it will depend on the amount of imagery being resized and want other functionality is running

However you should be able to ask your host about upping the memory limit on the hosting account

Depending on the host it is possible to do this yourself

www.robertwent.com/blog/joomla/19-joomla-increase-php-local-memory-limit-without-changing-server-settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey Paul,
Ovedrriding the system PHP configuration did not work out for me.

I have found another way - I set up a virtual machine on a local PC, and then, once everything is completed I will move the whole project to a server.

Cheers,
Mike
  • Michal Byrecki
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
There are other ways of doing this but hosts don't allow it - so sometimes you have to ask the host

I'd suggest you may come up against this problem at a later date - especially if you use image resizing in zentools

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers