Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template Client having issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am really wrestling with this template named client to have it working. First time I tried to install I used the quickstart file and it did not show anything untill I Installed the template stand alone file. I thought the quickstart launcher would already have the template files inplace without having to install that same template again to really have it working. Soon after I filled the site with content a few days later the site frontend doesnt display. No problem accessing the backend, but refreshing many files from the install package did not help. Please help me. the site's location: tamara.coastalblog.info Please know that the site was up and displaying well several days ago.
If there would be server issues, my other joomla bamboo templates also would be messed up, but they werent. Only this site.

A second install of the quickstarter file of the client template on another subdomain did not even work anymore..whats is going on?
Are all your templates so fragile or does my webserver suck?
Plese help me out !

Thanks in advance,

Paul
  • Paul C
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Forget my post, It is solved, in the sense that the site is back up. But still I dont understand the quickstarter file with installing sample data doesnt work...you have to install separate that template stand alone file..
Maybe it would be a good hint for all clients to provide some specific server settings that your templates require..If you already did, it is very hard to find on your site..
  • Paul C
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Providing specific server settings is a bit problematic as there are so many different hosting companies

We do have this tutorial

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/how-to-install-a-joomla-3-quickstart-package
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
". But still I dont understand the quickstarter file with installing sample data doesnt work...you have to install separate that template stand alone file.."

This isn't necessary - normally when this has happened the sample data wasn't installed

The quickstart contains the template, demo content and the joomla core files

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you run into problems again with this please ask for help :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers