Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Is your Accordion Menu suitable for building main menu?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi support team,

Is there a way to use your Accordion Menu to create main menu instead of using T3 Mega Menu?
I saw there are only a few templates containing Accordion Menu.
For example:
Template Client: templatedemoclient.zu-fuss.at/index.php/template-features/t3-features/solid-template-framework
Template Lifestyle 2: bambootheme.com/showcase/jun14/template-features/t3-features/theme-magic

I have to build a website like www.viellos.at/layout.jpg
As you see i will need main menu like your Accordion Menu.

Are there Joomlabamboo templates which will be suitable to create this website?

Thank you very much!
Leo
  • Leopold Arthold
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 76 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Leopold Arthold. Reason: Attachment upload does not work!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Leo,

Template choice questions are always hard questions to answer - the accordion menu implementation as you say does vary with templates

Are you looking to include any features used in the mega menu?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I'm looking for a template, which is most suitable for building this website layout: www.viellos.at/layout.jpg
For me the most important question is, how to build the main menu at left column.
As you see, this is not a traditional horizontal main menu, because menu items have to be placed one above the other.
Of course it must be possible to apply sub menu items.

Would it be possible to use the standard T3 Mega Menu to create this vertical main menu?
I think it might work, by assigning a fixed or maximum width to the container auf T3 Mega Menu instead of width 100%. Alternative to setting width of container i could disable float left of the li elements.
In this way every menu item should wrap to a new row. Of course some extra work would be needed in order to adjust sub menu items.
Do you expect problems by doing so?

As i see, all Joomlabamboo templates containing horizontal main menu. Why you don't provide some templates with vertical main menu?
Because i love the T3 Framework, i looked at www.joomlart.com and found just one template with vertical main menu: ja-beranis.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/homepage/vertical-menu
By default the vertical main menu of this template will only be shown at wide screens. However i will need it for all screen resolutions.

It would be pleasant if Joomlabamboo would offer such a vertical main menu in future.

Thank you very much
Leo

P.S.: Why is it not possible to use JPEG files for attachments in your forum postings?
  • Leopold Arthold
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 76 posts
  • 2 Thanks
With posting to the forum - try using the more standard .jpg format and try using the Chrome browser
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the mega menu it is designed to only work landscape wise given given its functionality

I will ask a Anthony regarding the other issues
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry I got a bit waylaid on this - do you still want to chase this up?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for my late reply.
I don't need this vertical menu at the moment, because i didn't get this job.

But i think, it would be pleasant, if Joomlabamboo would offer such a vertical main menu in future.

Thank you
Leo
  • Leopold Arthold
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 76 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Leo,

I will certainly add your feedback for discussion - feedback from members is really important to us

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers