Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Sub menu response time

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

No. It only shows "home" as menu item.
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
and that is with populating the menu module with the same menu as on the left?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
yes, exactely.

I changed the position of the controller menu (exact copy without the extra in adavnced options) of the menu left.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
What I'm looking for is an example of a normal menu added to the normal menu position then I would delete the custom css file in the browser and see if the menu behaves normally

At the moment I see html classes and styling I don't recognise - what is rechts laschcol ?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I understand. That was the idea of a controller menu.

When you go to the subpages on the right a normal menu (menu module with the same menu content on the right) without add ons in the normal menu position.

I will also change this module association to all pages.

Edit: Menu choice in Template Manager --> Setting Navigation was not saved. This caused the "home"
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: New information
Are you able to use the standard accordion menu on the sitebar?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
on the sidbar: not really

Accordion settings - show active item on- in the template setting section affect the first item in the sidebar. But there is no accordion effect.

controller menu: I moved it back to belowcontent.

Here two observations:
When refreshing the page, the accordion is not working and the controller menu shows the same problem as all the time in this thread.
After cklicking on the menu heading the accordion starts to work without problem. But there is no first item on effect.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
You will would perhaps need to change the menu setting in the template to not show all items and for it to use separators

With the menu - the problem is if I delete the custom.css file the module drops out of the template so something either in the new classes you've got or in custom css breaks the template.

As the menu did look normal when its added to the normal position

I'll ask Anthony or Rob to take a look later today

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

thanks for looking on it again and again.

Your first sentence of the last post is a bit too short for me to know what to do.

Your observation is easily explained as the outer blue columns are also defined in the custom.css.
Without custom.css you will have the menu module somewhere on the right in the lower end of the template totally displaced and no blue frame.

I know that in the normal position the menu looked normal.

I found a solution in the meantime to the original (=my sidebar) menu model problem. It seems to be a problem with a top margin in bootstrap (see this very recent post (couple of days old) here: t3-framework.org/discussions/problems-with-nested-menu-items-using-nav-pills.html). So that is fine for the moment.

Remains the issue with the accordion. Would appreciate if Anthony or Rob take a look on it anyway since your accordion proposal make me want using it.

Cheers
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
If it is an accordion you want to use all the parent items need to be separator menu types and in the menu module itself (advanced tab)

Module Class Suffix add the class accordion

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the explanation. That is what I did with the very nice documentation on JB. :-) There is only one parent.

Let's see what the developers find.

Good evening
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Hi,

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to do here.

I see a vertical dropdown menu on the right of the site. a dropdown on a vertical menu is always going to be problematic.

You have mentioned using the accordion menu which would be the best idea but I currently still see the nav-pills suffix on the module that Paul mentioned about removing. I do not see the calss accordion that is needed for the accordion menu to work.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers