Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Adwords Conversion for Contact Us Page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi :)
Is there a solution to paste an Adwords conversion code for Come And Find Me page...?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
How are you structuring the site?

As a one page template it would normally have the code for the site rather than a page

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The structure of the site was going to be left more or less as it is now in the template.
I just love the profilr template, but need information who entered "contact us" page, as the site is going to be advertised by adwords. I know this is one page site and I was thinking if there is a way to extract somehow the "contact us" page so that I could gather conversion information this way... Or perhaps some other way to make use of adwords conversion code when "contact us" is entered by a visitor...?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
The "contact us" page isn't a page on its own as such
- the whole site from Google's point of view is in fact the one page

I'll need to chat to the team on this my knowledge of google tracking isn't large

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
great, thanks :) I'm waiting for your feedback then.
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
yep :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

As the profilr template is essentially all the same page, you would need to modify your conversion tracking snippet to only get added to the page when the correct link is clicked and then removed for all the other 'pages'.

Can you not add the conversion snippet to all pages? If so you can just add it to analytics/extra javascript area of the template.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Hi Rob!
I can't add the conversion snippet to all pages as it would not deliver the information I need. I need to find out which keywords generate visitors clicking my "contact us" page.

1 You have a very interesting idea to "modify your conversion tracking snippet to only get added to the page when the correct link is clicked and then removed for all the other 'pages' ".

2 Perhaps another solution is to modify the page this way, that clicking "contact us" opens physically another page (we would have "two pages site" :)

Could you do any of the above for me?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Ecky.
Hi,

Could you just clarify a bit how you need to track keywords and where from?

As the site at the moment is essentially one page, then the contact page wouldn't be listed in search engine results so all clicks would come from your menu item.

You could track that with analytics events (but would need some customising to record the current tab the user is on).

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
I need to paste the attached kind of Adwords conversion code to a single menu item of this site: foto.baxavis.o12.pl/, say 'SPOTKAJMY SIE (which means "contact us")'.
This would inform me, that a visitor was a bit more serious, because he entered "contact us" page after visiting the main page. Just a typical adwords conversion tracking.

Is there any solution to make use of the Adwords code?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
Hi,

The simplest way to get this done would be to use a google analytics event on the contact us menu item.

Connect your adwords and analytics accounts.
Create an event for people going to the contact form.
Create a goal that uses the event.
Import your goals into adwords.

Otherwise you would need to do something like this stackoverflow.com/questions/2082129/how-to-track-a-google-adwords-conversion-onclick
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecky
The accepted answer on this post seems to have some good advice.

www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/td-p/18067
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers