Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Jb maps

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Team JB,

I have been using JB maps for a long time now. After a Joomla! upgrade and site testing, I see that my maps are no longer showing up. Inspect/Console shows this:
Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys
and
Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#missing-key-map-error js?sensor=false&callback=jbmapsLoadMap:38

I recently had to update other software now that Google seems to be insisting on an API key.

I downloaded your JB Maps2 thinking I could enter an API key in that extension. I don't see it anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

As far as I'm aware Google still operates a policy of supporting existing domains with maps but all new domains need a api key
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For the documentation on the maps

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-extensions/jb-maps2-documentation

you need to scroll down to the Advanced Parameters section

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This is an existing domain - you know, I am looking at this on my local machine: downloaded backup to test upgrades, etc. I'll expect that it will work on the live system, and let you know otherwise.
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
localhost is different than a domain so I'd expect that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers