Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

New Lifestyle - Zen Tools module fuzzy images on iPhone.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

The website is vm2355.sgvps.net/~jrs97uy6/

Images for the zen tools box showing 6 items in the middle of the homepage look fine on a desktop. They are 150px x 150px native size. I have the resize option for the images set to Off. I have tried the resize also set to on with smart resize and exact resize. I have cleared out the cache and cleard the browser cache. I have cleared my iPhone safari cache. I renamed the files to be sure the page loaded new images. AND... the images on the iPhone always seem large and pixelated, fuzzy, not good.

I am using the image option in the articles to display the small homepage image and a standard image inserted in the article itself. Those images in the articles look clear and sharp.

I do not understand what is going on in the template to make my iPhone homepage images blurry. The images do not appear to be resizing correctly in the iPhone.

Thanks for the help.
~d
  • drchamp
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 163 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Try using a bigger image to start with with the same ratio of height to width

As it looks like the image is being enlarged - an image enlarged does commonly look fuzzy or blurry

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,
I started out with 400 x 400 images and they were fuzzy too. That's when I thought well maybe put in a smaller 150x150 and see if that helps. No luck. Right now, the row of six images are 150 x 150 EXCEPT for the 'Hardwood' image. That is back to 400 x 400. I verified that by looking at the page source. The Hardwood 400 x 400 has the correct cache image showing in the source code and the others are all prepended by a 150 which I used when creating the smaller images.

I see in the code there is a different cache image for various screen sizes. How might that be coming into play here? Using a dev tool which simulates an iPhone I see the same page source code as what I see on a desktop for that area - multiple images in the page source for each item in the zen tool row of images.

To me it does not seem like making the image larger had any effect what so ever.

~d
  • drchamp
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 163 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Regarding responsive images - please check out

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/specifying-image-sizes-based-on-screen-sizes

Ratio wise 150px doesn't divide into 400px x 400px so I would use an image 450px x 450px

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the tip. I will check out that document. Probably just what I needed.
~d
  • drchamp
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 163 posts
  • 1 Thanks
You're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: drchamp

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers