Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Menu Items & Content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am attempting to test your OnePage template. I installed the template & associated extensions. For some reason, none of my menu items are showing up, whether I am using the joomla menu or your megamenu. The only thing that is there is the "Home" item. When I attempt to link the home menu item to any specific article, nothing changes.

After much wasted time, I decided to try the QuickInstall package. Upon installing, I found that many options are missing throughout the Joomla backend. For example, I cannot choose any user options other than the basics. I cannot choose my preferred editor, nor is the option even there. Also, it seems that many of the article options are missing as well when creating/editing an article. Furthermore, with this QuickStart, I cannot get the menu items to reflect the rendered menu, nor can I get any of the content to change at all.

Maybe I am missing something, but some of this just isn't making any sense. Any help is appreciated.
  • legionunknownwca
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 22 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

With the template being a one page template its a little different than a normal menu driven template

With the quickstart it will be set up as a one page design (controlled in the general tab of the admin)

With it being onepage its also module driven e.g. the general tab contains the one page links

A link is published from this list if a module on that row is published

As you click the links on the menu it jumps betweeen rows of modules

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you so much for the info and for pointing me in the right direction. Got it all figured out!
  • legionunknownwca
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 22 posts
no problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm new to Joomla and have successfully loaded the OnePage template. But I still can't seem to figure out how to get menu items to appear. I'm running on Joomla 2.5; so I didn't use the quickstart since it's for 3.0 and higher.

In addition to Home, I created a second menu item called "About Us". This menu item is connected to the About Us article.

Can you please help? If I can get this one working, then I can probably figure out how to add the others.

Thanks for your help.

Anooj
  • Anooj Zaveri
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Hi Anooj,

The links for a one page template are driven by the template - when a module from a position row is published it triggers the template link

The links for the module rows are in the general tab (these act as navigation so when clicked on they scroll to the module row)

Are you looking to not use the onepage as a one page template?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I am looking to use the OnePage template as a single page.

Ultimately, I'm trying to reproduce a similar navigation experience like www.circle.com or www.winamp.com.

I will have 4 sections to my website: Home, Products, About Us, Contact Us. I have the design already created in photoshop of how I would like the site to look. It's now a matter of translating that design into an actual website (which is where I lack the experience).

The site I'm trying to create is actually quite simple. The background for each section (I guess it would be category in Joomla) would be a solid color. So I have white, blue, black and gray (1 for each category). I'm assuming I would have a single article in each category; About Us (in the About Us Category), Product A (in the Products Category), and a Contact form with a captcha code (in the Contact Us Category). Hopefully I'm going about this the right way.

What I've done so far is to install the OnePage template and I see it when I navigate to my localhost. I've replaced the "OnePage" logo with the company logo. And that worked. I'm able to see a link in the menu for "Home" as I put the "Home" value in the "Home Link" field in the General tab.

And this is where I'm stuck. I've created the "About Us" menu item in Joomla in addition to the "Products" menu item. I even see them in the MegaMenu builder and have assigned icons to them. I just don't see them on the webpage when I navigate to localhost in my browser.

Sorry for the long message; I just wanted you to get an idea of where I'm at.

Thanks for your help.

Anooj
  • Anooj Zaveri
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Hi Anooj,

The one page is designed to be used with modules.

Each section on the demo is actually a module rather than an article or category. The demo content is mostly custom html modules

one-page-general.jpg

As a module is published it triggers the template link shown above for that particular row
e.g publish a module to the banner, publish a module to grid1 position, grid5, grid9 etc and it triggers the template link for that row

You don't need to publish a menu if using the template one page design layout

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul. I did have 2 more questions.

1. If I want to make the background of each module a specific color, how would I go about doing that? Do I need to have an image of just a solid color and then incorporate that into the module? or is that something that I can set in the Template options? If it has to be a background image, what dimension should I use?

2. On a desktop, I can see the menu present; however, when I access it through my iPhone, I don't see a menu. I recall seeing a menu on my cell phone when I first installed the template. Can you tell me how to get it back?

Thanks

Anooj
  • Anooj Zaveri
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
1. This would be css so it would depend on what you were targetting :
#bannerwrap would target whole screen width for banner wrap
#bannerwrap .zen-container just the banner position width

2. Do you have the jbtype plugin installed and enabled? - you can find this under system in plugin manager or search for it there

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers