Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Updating T3 System Plugin

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul:

Yesterday tried to update T3 System Plugin from the Control panel, I am using Grid3 template on this site: paacl.ca
When I tried the upload, the site crashed and I could not access it... at all, site or administration.
I got a Site Restore from my Hosting Company. After the restore, the site was not showing; but there was a message that the T3 plugin was not enabled. So, of course, I did enable it and the site was up and running again. Very strange... however, I was happy to see it live again.

However, this morning, I opened up the Administration side of site and I got the message that the T3 System Plugin needed updating. I am attaching a screen shot of that message.

I logged in again later, and then, there was no message to that effect. It appears that this was updated now... how, I have no idea as I did nothing to update it. This is all very strange and I wonder if you have some answers to this...

Cheers,

Tony
T3SystemPlugin.png
  • Tony Shaw
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Tony Shaw. Reason: removed a link.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Tony,

Unless you need to update the T3 plugin I wouldn't

The template does not support the latest version - only the version found on any template download page 2.4.7 on most templates

That said installing the plugin shouldn't crash the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It could be a few things why it crashed - upload limit on installs, server issue during installation, old joomla version, damaged download

Bit hard to say but I can't think of any other instances where the site has crashed because of this install

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul:

Yes, it seems like an odd thing that happened.
I wonder if I should update the template to Grid 4?

Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
Hi Tony,

Tricky one to advise you on there

There isn't a security or technical reason to upgrade

There would be a performance improvement

You would need to uninstall the template and plugin and re-organise the positions
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You would also need to upgrade at least one module to zentools2 for it to display correctly as a grid on the front page

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HI Paul: I am nervous to do any of this.. so, will leave it as is and remember NOT to update the T3 again!!!
Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
I don't update the T3 plugin - it's about the only extension I don't update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers