Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Feedback on documentation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

It would be a good idea to add a menu item on your front page that reads " how to install our templates".

It was NOT obvious that one first has to install T3. It is NOT obvious that one has to assign pages to T3.

And nowhere is a word about the relationship between your Zen Grid, or whatever all your tools are called, and your templates.

The download pages are confusing with all these things one can download. Do I have to install your Zen Grid first? I can't get Focus2 to work.

Remember what Gauthama Siddharta, the Buddha said: NOTHING IS OBVIOUS TO THE UNINFORMED.

So, my first and best suggestion is that you start to put the things that are obvious to you but for nobody else, on your site, in sequential order, right now.

It won't take any work. No video necessary. Just a SIMPLE and direct list of things to do. "First you do this, then you do that, then you do such, then you do so, and then you upload and install the Template-of-your-choice version bla and then it will work."

Something like that. I am already many hours on this and I created websites with Joomla 2.5 and your templates three years ago but everything has changed. I don;t get why it didn't work out this time. MAKE A MENU ITEM RIGHT AWAY ON THE PREREQUISITES OR THINGS TO DO FIRST FOR YOUR TEMPLATES TO WORK.

What with Zen, Grid2, JB, JA, T3, Zentools, and all that???????????. Does one need to install all that for a template of yours to work????????? yes or no??????????????????????? If so, in what order?

Please, have a look at your site from the perspective of a new client instead from the perspective of a programmer who knows it all because he is in on it 24/7/365.

Charles from Amsterdam, Europe
  • Reina Ramakers
  • 12 Month basic
  • 2 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by manh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Charles,

I've moved this to a new thread as the other thread was quite old and covers different issues/ questions
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the feedback - we always appreciate feedback both good and how we can improve

I'll draw the teams attention to your comments so we can best evaluate your comments
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Moving on to your specific issues with Focus2

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/focus2/1_index.html

For the getting started section please check out

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/focus2/6_Starting-from-scratch.html

Does that cover the issues you are struggling with regarding Focus2?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"What with Zen, Grid2, JB, JA, T3, Zentools, and all that???????????. Does one need to install all that for a template of yours to work????????? yes or no??????????????????????? If so, in what order?"

Regarding the frameworks - the last 6 templates don't require any framework plugin to work
Prior to that the vast bulk of templates up to beginning of 2013 require the T3 plugin

Grid2 is an older template not supported in Joomla3 and has been superseded by Grid3 a T3 based template

www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/grid3
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/grid3-documentation

JB is short for Joomla Bamboo and is largely used in the naming of certains extensions

JA are the lead developers and of the T3 plugin

Zentools is a Joomla Bamboo multi purpose extension extensively used in all out templates
zentools.joomlabamboo.com/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your feedback and as Paul says above we are very keen to get feedback so we can help improve our members experience.

I'm working on an update to the main documentation at the moment and will look at how to make the information more centralised. Most of the questions you've asked exist in the documentation but my sense is that they are too separated.

You are right about approaching it with a beninners mind - that's why we appreciate this kind of feedback.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edward C Dyson

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers