Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Hikashop on any J3 template?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, I'm redesigning an eCommerce site which I originally built in osCommerce. - www.uncommonhound.com
I love JoomlaBamboo templates and have looked at quite few, including New Lifestyle, Client, Arcadia, Grid3 and Zenbase. I'm having a hard time picking the one I want to use. What are the advantages of using the New Lifestyle template over other Joomla 3 templates? What exactly does "support for Hika Shop" mean? I am using Hikashop Business version.

I'm relatively new to Joomla 3 but have a quite a bit of experience editing php and css. A unique design is important for me so I know I will be customizing any template I use extensively (which makes me think maybe I should start with Zenbase) I just wondered what I will be missing by not using a template made for Hikashop?

I was also wondering if you're planning on updating the Lacuna template to Joomla 3? I really like that one (although the preview link currently leads to shopIgnition)

Thanks in advance!
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Welcome on board :)

It means that styling for hikashop is included in the template - it will save you some time rather than creating styling from scratch

You may also want to check out the Base3 theme as a starter template

At the moment updating Lacuna to J3 isn't imminent I'm afraid

Thanks for the heads up on the link I will fix that tomorrow (2am here at the moment :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the welcome Paul and for you lightning fast reply!

I'll check out Base3. Right now I'm playing with Arcadia.. what a fun template!

I'll let you know which one I choose when I get along further. :-)

Cheers!
Leslie
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Good luck with it :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers