Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Improving the grid width option - T3 general

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

first of all compliments. The possibility to set the grid width and visibility in the spotlight is a great improvement!

I still would like to suggest the following feature/improvement.
Could you integrate the grid width selector in the “layout view -> module positions” where one can define a width ratio for all devices?

If this is not possible (I think I read a post about it in the forum, but could not find it again) could you at least introduce a kind of general setting feature under “responsive layout”?

Reason is that e.g. if I want to show grid1:width3, grid2:width6 and grid4:width3 due to the content, I would like to keep that ratio relying on the responsiveness, which kicks in anyway, and maybe adjust for a particular device.

In the current solution, however, I have to go through all views to set-up the same ratio, which is quite time consuming on bigger sites.

What are the thoughts of the JB community?
Thanks for considering and a discussion
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 1 week ago by MaMuster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback - I don't think the first point is feasible given the way the interface is set up and works

With point two are we talking about a global option for widths?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, width and visibility.

Like an option on "Layout View -> Module Positions" prior to large, medium (...) where to decide on general stylings.

E.g: One wants to have Main and Sidebar-2 with 8 rows and 4 rows. In my understanding this is a choice for all devices related to content, so I want to set it for all devices.

Using the other tabs for large etc. one can still customize if necessary.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
I'll pass this on for consideration

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'd like to have that too actually. Ive mentioned it to the T3 devs but not sure they will add this. But I agree it would be very helpful.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers