JB Library Plugin
Free Joomla Extension - Joomla 1.5 / Joomla 2.5 / Joomla 3.0
JB Library is a free system plugin that can be used to load jQuery on your Joomla site. It can also be used to remove Mootools from loading on your Joomla site as well as neatly load other scripts on the page.
Rewritten and ready for Joomla 3.0
Version 2 of the JB Library plugin has been completely rewritten from the ground up and includes a number of under the hood improvements and optimisations. JB Library is also compatible with Joomla 3.0 although please read our note below regarding using this plugin on your Joomla 3.0 site.
Features at a glance
- Easily add jQuery to your site
- Allows you to use a copy of the jQuery library from your site, or to load it from Google
- Strips out extra jQuery library references that other Joomla extensions might load unnecessarily
- Option to strip mootools from the output.
- Option to replace core mootools file with one of your choice including jQuery and Google CDN versions
- Needed by many Joomlabamboo extensions - pre Joomla 3.0.
- Includes an option for Scroll to top button automatically created when the user scrolls down the page.
- Includes an option to use the jQuery Lazyload script to delay the loading of images on the page.
- Includes a browser warning for users using the outdated ie6 browser.
JB Library Features
Load any flavour of jQuery
JB Library can load jQuery from your local server, from the google or jQuery CDN.. The library also implements a fallback if you happen to use a CDN version but is temporarily unavailable.
Remove mootools from Joomla
A common request for Joomla users is the ability to strip the mootools library from your site's output. JB Library provides a number of options for this including exchanging the core Joomla version of Mootools with a mootools version of your choice. Please note that a number of core Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5, as well as 3rd party extensions require mootools to be present to please be careful when using this feature.
Strip other scripts from the page
Scroll to top button
JB library also proves some simple effects to use on your site. The back to top button is a useful way for users to quickly navigate back to the top of the page. The scroll to top button automatically fades in when the user scrolls down your page.
Lazy load images
Lazy loading images is a way to defer the loading of images on your website. Lazyloading images means that the images that are designed to appear below the fold only load when the user scrolls down the page. This leads to a faster page load time which in turn makes your website visitors happy.
Do you need this for Joomla 3.0?
Most Joomla 3.0 sites using our extensions do not need this plugin.. Joomla 3.0 has a better way to deal with the loading of jQuery in your Joomla site and in most instances jQuery will already be referenced on the page. This plugin is still useful for some developers and site builders, however it is advised that only advanced or experienced users use this plugin on their Joomla 3.0 site.