Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

3rd Party Facebook Plugins / Widgets / Mods not working in Utafiti?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm trying to simply add a Facebook feed into my existing Utafiti template, but every 3rd party Plugin / Widget / Mod I've tried just doesn't seem to work..!?

Ideally, need to use a module with a toggle ability - to be clicked from side of page to reveal the floating module containing facebook feed / post... I've used this without issue in previous templates from other vendors, but Utafiti doesn't seem to like it... (Zen grid influence?)

However, I've then tried to use other free modules / plugins etc from the Joomla Extensions library - but am either getting no content at all or a module to the specified dimensions but containing no content...

Is this a known issue? Or am I just not seeing the woods for the trees?

Help / advice would be much appreciated...
  • emkt
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 21 posts
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by emkt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Are you seeing errors in the browser?

What modules are you using?

Are they free ones?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul - No errors in browser, just not displaying the content...

Yes, attempted to use only free modules / widgets / plugins so far - have mainly tried to add these to the 'debug' & 'sidebar2' module positions:

My preference to use would be:

- Perfect Facebook Like Box Sidebar: www. perfect-web.co/joomla-extensions/facebook-integration-for-joomla/demo-and-features
(Ideally option 6 - i.e. toggled to slide into view from left (offpage)... tried debug position here as instructed in demo / docs...)

Have also tried:
- Advanced Custom Facebook Likebox Widget (Module displayed to set dimensions with blue bg / border, but no content from FB displayed...)

- etc... but getting close to just needing any 'Display FB' solution so I can complete! :)

Thanks
  • emkt
  • 21 posts
Hi

I have installed from the link and it works ok for me

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Is this what you are looking to achieve?

2017-10-26_19h52_06.png

this I assigned to off canvas but the module is loading via its own css and ignoring the position option

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You could try grabbing the code direct from facebook and inserting in standard custom html module.

Often simpler and cleaner than using specific modules in my view, same for other social media.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian,

Good point :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers