Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Colourshift2 Category List Headers

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there. I tried searching through forums etc., but can't seem to find how I can edit the category list labels/headers. I'm pretty sure this is a Joomla thing and nothing to do specifically with the template, but just wondering if anyone knows how to change the actual text of the headers, themselves? Not just hide or remove them, I know how to do that. I'm basically looking to alter the header so that instead of "Title", it will say, "Job" for example and instead of "Publishing Date" it will say "Post Date" etc. It's also not left justified and was wondering where I can control the header alignment?

jobpostings.PNG

What if I wanted to add new headers not currently there, like Company Name or something? Is that possible?

Thanks,
Nader
  • azzaya
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 276 posts
  • 5 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This is the page I took the screenshot from: www.grahamwebbacademy.edu/index.php/jobs

Thanks,
Nader
  • azzaya
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 276 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Nader,

The template override for this is

\templates\buildr\html\com_content\category\default_articles

However the big problem is how do you add "company name" to be displayed?

As this isn't included in the information for the article/category itself - there isn't a company name field

I'll have a think

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, Paul :)

Nader
  • azzaya
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 276 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Nader,

I think I was barking up the wrong tree to change the titles would be a language override

Problem is I can't get title to change :(
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

No worries. My question was weird, I admit, and probably doesn't happen often. I was also thinking that even if I did change/override the titles, the next Joomla update would probably wipe those changes out. Oh well :)

Thanks for looking into it!
Nader
  • azzaya
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 276 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Nader,

How it should work is via language overrides - I could change the date one but not the others

It should work with all the others but there is something I'm missing

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers