Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Colourshift - How to save a background image in buildr to top and logo row

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello -

I am trying to apply a background image to the top and logo row in Colourshift here sabina100.cloudaccess.host/

The background image doesn't show up even though it is saved into the theme. I am also unable to save a different color either than the default white to these rows.

What can you advise?

(On a separate but maybe related issue I have re-opened support ticket 82MND2537L about saving and loading saved theme customizations in a copy of a style. )

Can I be missing something that should be obvious? I have read the documentation, but remain a little confused about the three levels of loading saved styles - 1. the template style, . 2. load saved settings ( which loads saved layouts but does not load saved themes ) and 3. loading a theme

Why doesn't the "load saved settings" button also load changes to the theme like background images and colors? Is it supposed to load these changes too? Is this because this because the theme is separate from

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sorry about the last paragraph.
Here is what I meant to say

Why doesn't the "load saved settings" button also load changes to the theme like background images and colors?

Is it supposed to load these changes too?

Is this because the theme is separate from the saved template style to be available to other saved template styles?

That makes sense but then how would I save design styles to the themes to use them in other template styles?
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by manh.
In addition to not being able to apply a background color or background image to the template style that i have made and saved to a theme, I am not able to apply the changes to the navbar colors that i saved to the theme.

This seems very strange to me because I am able to see changes to the logo font and color in the theme applied to the template style.

Therefore I know the problem isn't that all the changes to theme are not applied, but only some of them are not applied. Is there something in the CSS to the colourshift template that is blocking certain changes in the buildr interface?

Do I need to use custom CSS instead?
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by manh.
Could the problem saving certain style changes to my theme which is called "colourshift2" be related to the "childtheme" called "colorshift2" ?

If I set the load child theme to "none" I get a 500 error when I try to save the changes to to the theme so I am leaving it in but I am not sure how to determine exactly how it is affecting the styles.

Please pardon the the very long posts. I am extremely frustrated at the moment as I am under a lot of time pressure to move this project forward.
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
When a change is made to the settings in the template you need to use the save button in the top left corner of the screen and not the load Saved settings button.
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You would only use the load settings if you want to load an already pre-existing template style

So normally you would do this once and then change settings as needed

Possibly you are re-setting the template style you are working by loading other settings
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry I may be getting confused - I've added some paragraph spacing on your replies now

"Could the problem saving certain style changes to my theme which is called "colourshift2" be related to the "childtheme" called "colorshift2" ?

- I'm not sure but I would normally suggest using a different name that the name of the child theme
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the background image and colours

You have saved settings from one template style and wanting to load them in a different one and the background image and colours is not being applied?

I'm not 100% sure I'm following but have you tried doing down the duplicate template route in the Templates: Styles (Site) page?

e.g Extensions tab > templates
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you.

The menu background color problem is mostly solved. I reread the documentation, realized I need to add the color name to each menu item, under link type

The child theme is colorshift2 spelled differently from colourshift2 so to a computer if not to a human, they are two different words. I don't recall when I named the two , but I agree it would be better not to make them so close in the future.

I'll get back to you on the rest.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Yes. I have tried both routes - duplicating a template style then opening it and also tried saving it in Buildr as a copy. It was oddly not duplicating the colourshift specific layout and choices of colors. I'll try again
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
yes you are right

"The child theme is colorshift2 spelled differently from colourshift2 so to a computer if not to a human, they are two different words."

Although most human brains especially mine (a lazy one) in many case look at the first / last letter and don't really read the word as such - with lots of errors people just slow down in their reading.
So I read those words as the same.

Never thought I'd be writing and probably misspelling the word psycholinguistics :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
There is a long way round you can import settings as json files after matching the template id

Can you not fill in the styles that aren't being copied over or are there too many?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am still not able to save any color changes I make to the style in Buildr.
The only colors being applied are those from the default style of the template.
as shown here:http://bambootheme.com/showcase/sep16/index.php/template-features/module-overview/color-variations. I cannot apply any of my new color choices.
I think I may try reinstalling the template, later - I'll let you know.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sharon,

I can see the ticket has been updated - are you still having problems?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers