Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Updating site with highline2 installation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Looking to replace/revise a current (unpublished) Joomla website with Highline2. Please tell me if this sequence is correct:

Install Buildr > make Buildr preferred template > select Highline2 from within Buildr > ensure specific extensions are activated > remove irrelevant extensions/plugins etc > work on main menu/categories as with any joomla website.

tks
Philip
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Phillip,

I've moved this to a new thread

Is the site a J3+ one?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,tks, yes J3. Latest version. Its our old Delicious Italy website before we built the new one. It was simply unpublished. Have to attach our new domain to it first however.
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
I'd install all the extensions and template - activate the extensions first and then start working with the template

With a site, it is category > articles > menu normally and assign the template then

You are working on a dev site rather than a live site?

What template are you moving from?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Moving from Portal. The site is not live so not worried too much about starting fom scratch.

I'll install the new template and relevant extensions as you say, then unpublish the historic ones we wont be using.

The old Portal site is all K2 so category & items will all need to be revised (or 90% deleted) with the new menu in mind

Once this is all done then I'll activate the new template.

The site will be our new company website, so not a massive job but looking to have user logins, paywall, more interaction etc .

There's also php 7 to upgrade as well. Want to also use this new website to see how things go with setting up ssl.

tks
Philip
  • Philip
  • 12 Month basic
  • 272 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hi Philip,

My main concern is the difference with highline2's design and use of the menu which is substantially different than Portal

A lot of menu links and the menu will get very tall

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers