Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

redirects going crazy

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I did a migration to 3.x from 2.5 and had about 15 links to redirect which the client had somehow created with an incorrect link structure and used all over his site and shared.

I tried with htaccess, nothing worked! I also tried with Redirect 301 instead of RedirectPermanent
RedirectPermanent /component/content/21-all/myblog/719-experts-to-reveal-secrets-of-jfk-murder-cover-up-at-sept-26-28-dc-forum?Itemid=114 http://www.justice-integrity.org/719-experts-to-reveal-secrets-of-jfk-murder-cover-up-at-sept-26-28-dc-forum

I tried with joomla redirect, and the redirect worked right after I made it, if I pasted the link in the browser, but if I clicked the link from the site, it would show as broken, and when I searched for the link in redirect plugin it would be in there twice, once as the one I made and once as an unpublished link with no Destination. I deleted the extra link, and it would happen again. So I disabled the plugin.

Then I installed a 3rd party ReDJ, I added the above link and it would not redirect either. I gave up after spending like 4 hours on this. Any ideas?
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I found a fix that works like a dream come true!! A pro plugin called Dynamic404 by Yireo. What a relief!!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Thanks for the update

This is one of those areas where I'm a little uncertain so was going to check tomorrow with the team

Glad you got it sorted
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Have you double checked with the serp results?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry lurched into jargon there - Search Engine Result Pages

e.g doing a search for the urls in google and double checking the links work
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers