Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr Backgrounder Megamenu issue in Firefox only

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi
I have an issue in Builder, Bacgrounder theme. In FF only.
Submenu module is not centered but shifted to the left - in result part of it is not visible.
To check the issue go to: www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/our-offer/art-glass/art-glass-usage-and-things and try to display submenu of menu item Gallery (screen attached).
Is it only my problem? Any solution please?

rgds Tomek
Attachments:
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Tomek,

I can't see the issue (FF and Chrome), but try to add the following custom css code:
.zen-menu.zen-menu-horizontal ul ul {
    width: 100%!important;
}

Cheers
Piotrek
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Piotr Kunicki.
Thanks Piotr for yours.
The issue is only in FF. Don't you really see it? Strange. Added as adviced but result isn't good - the module still shifted to the left but 2 times narrower (see attachment please).
rgds Tomek
Attachments:
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by witraze.
Hi,
I can see that now it's shifted to the left (but it's the same for Chrome and FF).

What version of FF are you using? and what screen resolution?

On the demo website (Joomla menu item for example):
demo.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?theme=italian
You can see the same issue?

Cheers
Piotrek
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hi Piotr
I have confirmed the issue on your demo page for Builder Bacgrounder. I can see shifted submenu module for 1240px wide screen in FF v. 58.0.2 (32 bits) as in attached image.
Attachments:
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Hi Tomek,
I'm using the same FF version, but 64 bit (Mac version), one more thing - can you still see the issue when refresh your page or only when you resizing the browser window?

Could you check your submenu inline css values (width and marigin-left, marked on the screenshot) ?

Cheers
Piotrek
Attachments:
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Piotr
You are right that after reloading of resized page there is not shift but...
It is really strange. I've made tries and found out that JB Bulider Backgrouder demo when displayed under FF
- first time, after clearing the browser cache, has submenu (Joomla and Zentools) shifted to the left (see screenshots)
- after reloading the page or when the cache is not clear - submenu is not shifted

On my page I have got menu shifted, then after reloding - shifted again or not shifted - there is no rule I can find. This is crazy.
The css values are:
for not shifted submenu:
width: 1140px;
margin-left: -466.067px;
for shifted:
width: 1140px;
margin-left: -661.217px;

Try on your side the JB demo, but after clearing cache, please. Maybe it is some path...

cheers Tomek

JB_Buildr_shifted_menu2.jpg

JB_Buildr_shifted_menu2.jpg
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by witraze.
Hi Tomek,

Regarding the demo website - did you try to remove template selector top bar and test again?

These width and margin-left values are generated dynamically from container width and menu items position, when you increase/decrease the browser window size, container width and menu item positions are changed, but these values are still the same (until you refresh the page)...
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks
When I close the top template selector bar, then clear the cache, reload the page (only once) - still have the submenu shifted, next refreshing - there is no shift.
I can see that this is not a problem - and it is not the same issue which I observe on my page, unfortunatelly.

Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Hi,
Could you open a new ticket with your website FTP access? Maybe I'll be able to find a solution.

Cheers
Piotrek
  • Piotr Kunicki
  • 45 posts
  • 4 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers