Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Background image in Builder/Backgrounder

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi
Could anybobody advise if it is possible (in Builder / Backgrounder) to have background image displayed not only for menu items linked to K2 items like here:
www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/1645-stained-glass-for-public-buildings (which works perfect)
but also for menu items linked to K2 catergory like here:
www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/art-glass-gallery/art-glass-samples (which work with errors like here - only part of background is rendered)
or like here:
www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/art-glass-gallery/art-glass/unique-glass-objects (background image is not rendered at all).

Thank you!

Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by witraze.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Tomek,

Are you using a zentools backstretch module for all these?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul
Yes indeed. ZT2 - slideshow-backstretch, image as a source. See the module settings attached, please.
cheers Tomek
Attachments:
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
hmm the module is there but no content is listed

We also have height: 100%px in the source code for

www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/art-glass-gallery/art-glass-samples
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With

www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/art-glass-gallery/art-glass/unique-glass-objects

We have two modules published to same background position
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Have you tested with duplicating the working module and assigning to this page

or assigned the working module to pages not working and unassigned non working modules?

Do any filenames have special characters?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul
Thanks for checking the code. Yes I have duplicated the working modules. This way I found that the issue is oly for menu position which display K2 category view. There is no problem when menu position display single K2 article. I think that this is the clue. But why I don't know. Maybe some bad correlations with ZT2 and Zenkit?
I can omit this errors by creating K2 item for each problematic menu item (instead K2 category) and linking then K2 article to K2 category. But this is not elegant and an additional work with manuallly creating new URLs for this menu items (to imititate the K2 category address becouse of SEO reasons).
p.s I know there are 2 modules in one menu position. With one module published still there is the same issue, there are no special characters in image names.

cheers Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Hi Tomek,

interesting as it looks like the background div is outside the zen wrap and then there is a js error plus the px% value

Do you have an empty category with no content or modules you could test on to see if the module displays?

Sometimes it can be unclosed div and this throws the code that follows it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul, there is confilct with Zenkit I think as when there is no K2 Zenkit subtemplate associated with the K2 category the background image is visible. I put test article and loaded module and it is OK also (but no Zenkit template).
See: www.witrazesc.com.pl/witraze/witrazeinfo2018/en/test
I have to rethink once more if I could resign from Zenkit K2 templates as there is no chance for updating Zenkit I am afraid :(

Thanks Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Hi Tomek,

can you wait to Tuesday? and I'll test it myself over the weekend and then I can speak to the new developers about zenkit on Monday

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
SOLVED!
Thank you Paul for suggesting me the solution indeed! Your great idea with creating empty category helped me to find the solution. Very simple one: the background image is tied somehow with K2 item: there should be at least one K2 item displayed in K2 category settings. If it is the background image is displayed. When number of K2 items is set to "0" there are troubles in displaying of bacground image.
On my website I don't wanted for some menu items to display K2 items. I needed to display ZT2 module instead so I set the number or K2 item to zero - it was the culprit! The solution is to display the K2 item but to hide all elements of the item in the settings - the result is the same as not displaying K2 item but background image is visible.

Paul it would be great by the way if you could talk with developers regarding updating of ZENKIT. Now the Zenkit templates are useless so I have to search other solutions to display the content. This is why I use ZT2 modules which are very helpfull but if you have big website is very laborious (I have to create nearly 200 ZT modules).

p.s. I am writing this as soon as I could to save your weekend :)

cheers Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Hi Tomek,

When you say useless is this with a particular template or framework version?

I thought there was a problem with a couple of layouts as I added that to our audit spreadsheet but thought it was largely ok despite not being updated since2014

I've only used zenkit with older templates so it is quite possible you are better informed than me on zenkit

I understand we will update our library of extensions and demo sites as problems occur and we update templates

So any information would be gratefully received

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And thanks for posting your solution :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you have any further information on zenkit that would be very useful

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers