Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

No banner position and not full width of the browser window

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Again.

I am trying to make the banner the full width of the screen as you suggested. First of all there was no banner position in the template layout styles (never have I seen this before). So I made Grid 1 12 segments wide and I assigned the position full width in the container tab for it… Then since you said I should use a Zentools2 module I guess that you meant the backstretch type so I used that in the image mode and chose the folder that the image was in and in the parameters for the module I chose “stretch the full width” and assigned it to the correct page and the position Grid 1… but nothing showed up on the page.

So then I tried just putting the image in a custom module in the Grid 1 position (I had left the setting in that position to full width) The resultant page shows that the image was there but did not stretch the full width of the page. See:

oasiswebdevelopment.com/alfred/index.php/home-2

Maybe instead of bugging you all the time I should just pay you (purchase a 1 hour block) to set up a home page in the template the way I want.. and then I can carry on after that..

Thanks in advance for your help. You know that I am trying…..

Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Elizabeth,

The template works using rows and containers

For a module to go full width it needs the container section of the template row to be enabled as full width - to change this click the pencil on the row and scroll to the container section

If you need help as custom work I'm happy to help you but would need a specification of what you needed doing first

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks for your reply. I am still trying to figure this out. Thank you for your patience.. so I managed to have the image on the home page (almost) fill the width of the screen.

oasiswebdevelopment.com/alfred/index.php

I made sure that the parameter for the container of the position was set to “Make container full width”. There was no banner position. It was whited out in the Buildr Template Design Style screen (although you can hove over the pencil where the Banner position should be but isn’t and manipulate the style parameters and make sure that

“Make container full width” is checked. But when I set the module with the image in the banner position, it does not show up. So I had to put the picture module in Grid 1 and change the spacing to a full row or “9”. As you had told me that I had to place an image in a Zentools 2 module that is what I did and just guessed that i should use the Slideshow-Backstretch layout to do this…

But all of this resulted in the image being too far away from the content on the page (see attached image) and it still does not quite fill up the container.

Plus I am really bewildered about why the banner position is whited out in the Buildr Template Design Style screen…

What do you think I did wrong?
Thanks again for your patience.
Elizabeth
big_space_no_banner_full_widht.jpg
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
Hi Elizabeth,

With empty rows if you click the pencil it will show positions available to the right of the pencil

You can also drag and drop positions into different rows

Do you see the positions?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
But why would they make the banner position invisible until you click on the pencil? And when I put something in the banner position, it did not show up. That is why I had to put the home page banner in grid 1 and now it is too far away from the main content of the page. and does not extend the width of the window.

see:
oasiswebdevelopment.com/alfred/

thank you.
Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
Hi Elizabeth,

For a module to display it needs a module to be displayed in the template settings - without that the module won't display at all
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you open the row and the container after clicking the pencil there are sections for adding padding and margin

In gridwrap1 which currently has grid1 in there if you click that pencil and open the row you will see if has padding enabled

Are you referring to the space below this positon?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If you turn off the padding on the row it will remove padding to top, right, bottom, left

For more space to be removed I will need to suggest some css for you to add to the custom css file

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you so much.. I figured out how to enable the banner position with your help.. Thanks Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
You're welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers